Eskom CEO Brian Molefe will on Monday appear at the Labour Court in a fight with the Eskom board to defend his dismissal at the power Utility.
Molefe returned at Eskom last month after he resigned last year in December after his relationship with the Gupta Family was detailed in Public Protector ‘state capture report.
On Monday, the Eskom board announced the decision to rescind Molène’s reappointment.
Molefe return to the power Utility after Public Enterprises Minister Lynne Brown questioned R30 million passion Fund payout for his early retirement.
Molefe’s depature at Eskom was turned into hidden suspension and he was confirmed as an African National Congress (ANC) Member of Parliament to a jubilant return as Eskom CEO and then his exit.
According to Eskom board spokesperson Khulani Qoma says the parastatal’s legal team is preparing their response.
“Our lawyers are putting together papers so that we can derive our response and be able to fall in line with the permutations of the court in terms of timelines and so on.”
While Minister Brown’s spokesperson Colin Cruywagen said he could only confirm having received the court papers.
Last week, Finance Minister Malusi Gigaba stated that the decision by Eskom Board to reinstate Molefe as the head of the power Utility has caused government and the parastatal a lot of harm and reputational damage.
Gigaba was part of an inter-ministerial committee that instructed Brown to order the Eskom board to rescind its decision to re-employ Molefe.
“The events of the few weeks have been quite painful in a number of ways. The view of the IMC is that this decision should not have been taken.”
While Molefe fight for his future at the power Utility, Opposition parties says he should be removed at the power Utility.